I had planned a major trip with friends down to Moab, UT for a weekend of skydiving and hiking.I had some customer loyalty points with La Quinta and then like an *** purchased more points so I could get one of our nights somewhat 'free'.

I couldn't figure out how to book the room online using my points so I called the 1-800 customer service number to book the room. After hanging up I got an email confirmation showing the wrong dates. I immediately called back and had the dates moved to the correct dates and mind you this was 3 MONTHS before my arrival that I booked this room as I know how busy it is down there. Three days before leaving I noticed that I never got another email showing the correct dates so I called the 1-800 customer service number to double check.

I was told the dates that I wanted were reserved and everything was good. On the way down to Moab we stopped a lot to do some hiking and exploring thinking we weren't in a huge hurry as I had a room reserved. We show up at the hotel at 6pm ready to check-in and the front desk tells me that they show that I had cancelled my room. I showed them my confirmation and told them that I had just confirmed 3 days ago.

They said never to call the 1-800 customer service number as they are quite unaware of the business the various hotels are doing. They said they were completely booked for the weekend and there was nothing they could do. We left and spent the next 2 1/2 hours searching desperately for a hotel room along with about a hundred German and French tourists. Finally found the very last room available in Moab at the Best Western.

It was a deluxe king that took $250 out of my pocket I wasn't expecting. Unfortunately they only had the room for one night and we had to check out the next morning. After getting done with previously scheduled activities we were again left searching for a room. This being a Saturday night there was nothing available - anywhere.

We were forced to leave Moab and the only available room/campsite was in a town 5 hours away.

La Quinta screwed me so hard and screwed my vacation in every single way.It has been 3 weeks and I am still fuming.

Had an Experience with La Quinta Inn?

Comments

iLeopard

Sounds like you should have the hotel directly and asked... No show charges suck but they exist to prevent skips.

Peace.