2.5
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I checked into the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Ft. Pierce, Florida last week.

When I checked into the hotel, I was told there was a $50 deposit that would be refunded at check out time. Sunday evening, I witnessed a dispute between a customer and the front desk attendant. The customer was told her $50 deposit was not going to be refunded due to a damaged sheet. I thought this was odd until the next day I was accused of damages in my room.

I was escorted to my room where the front desk attendant showed me a quarter inch burn in the carpet. I examined it and immediately told her this is old. I explained I am not a smoker, but other customers on the floor had been smoking marijuana. The aroma was strong and permeated my room.

Therefore, I used an incense to combat the unpleasant smell. The ashes from the incense were no where near the small burn in the carpet. The ashes from an incense do not continue to burn after it falls from the wick. I was told the damage amount would be $100.

This is an outrage! I stated to the front desk attendant, you have taken the word of your work associate and automatically sentence me as guilty. I asked her to provide proof that this burn was caused by me. She could not provide proof.

To add insult to injury, I received a call later from the front desk attendant that my 3 day extended reservation was cancelled in order to settle $100 damage fee. They did not get authorization from me to cancel my reservation.

This practice was done to insure they would be able to charge my card with this ridiculous $100 charge. I have taken pictures of the room and the pictures reveals the carpet needs cleaning.

Review about: La Quinta Inn Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Bed was comfortable.

I didn't like: Customer service attendant.

Comments

Be sure to contact, in writing, your CREDIT card company to dispute the charge. Never use a debit card at a hotel.