1.6
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

We checked into the La Quinta in Corpus Christi, Texas in July expecting a clean room as we have stayed in this chain before. The first room they sent us too someone had been in and it wasn't clean.

The sheets were pulled down and there was garbage left behind. On the second room they sent us to the first thing we noticed was the mold on the outside of the building and door and then the awful smell of the room which hit us when we walked in. The carpet was old and badly stained, the furniture was old and in need of repair. The a/c made the room smell even worse and is probably from the mold growing on it outside the window.

The bathroom wasn't clean there was something on the toilet not sure what. I pulled the sheets down to look at the bed and I am not sure they had been changed, there was no mattress cover under the fitted sheet and the fitted sheet wasn't tight like a fresh made bed should be. Someone pulled out the peephole and it was stuffed with a piece of toilet paper!!! The bedding was stiff (dirty?) and I didn't even feel comfortable taking my shoes off and walking on the carpet it was so gross.

We checked out after 15 minutes and went and checked into the Holiday Inn Express. When we checked out there was another customer complaining that his room was also dirty and said this was the third one they were putting him in. There was blond hairs on the sheets-he and his girlfriend both have black hair, he also was not happy. I contacted both La Quinta and Expedia who we purchased trip through and got no where but a 'thank you " for telling us.

I think La Quinta should have to reimburse me for the additional charge ($500) I incurred checking into the Holiday Inn Express that I hadn't planned on. See the photos for the hotel that should be torn down and condemned!

Product or Service Mentioned: La Quinta Inn Sanitary Conditions.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Hotel was filthy, I had to pay for a second hotel.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 18.

Comments

Still no word from anyone guess it’s ok La Quinta has a hotel that is a health hazard