Burbank, California

Update by user Jun 07, 2016

I found many complaints about this LQ Valencia staff and GM in other sites, even in the La Quinta site, about disrespectful treatment of guests! It was to be expected, I guess.

Original review posted by user Jun 06, 2016

Today, June 6, 2016; I had the worst experience in an LQ stay that I have ever had.It occurred in LQ Santa Clarita-Valencia because of their terrible breakfast bar and the astoundingly rude behavior of an employee named Yuri, who was responsible for the bad breakfast.

At 6:00 am this morning, I went to the breakfast area. There were already a couple of elderly guests there ahead of me. The elderly man asked Yuri where the plates were and she responded by saying, "These are all we have." She was pointing at a stack of small styro foam bowls and another stack of small styro foam saucers. The man responded angrily, "What the *** is going on in this place?!" His wife shushed him, but I agreed with him, feeling already short-changed and unwelcome, because the room that I booked cost me $160.55 per night.

This is quite costly for a La Quinta room, and I was looking forward to waffles and bacon for breakfast. I suggested to the outraged man, "Well, you can always give them a bad review! I am sure there are other hotels that offer breakfasts with full sized plates." At this suggestion, Yuri got very irate. She went to the kitchen, situated behind the breakfast bar and started speaking loudly in Spanish to another woman.

Within seconds the two were raising their voices, having some sort of argument behind the breakfast bar. When Yuri came back into the breakfast area, she was carrying a container full of potatoes, at which time she stood right next to me, where I was putting terribly rehydrated eggs and over microwaved hard sausages into ridiculous small styro foam bowls. She was right beside me banging lids as she moved them. I guess she was upset at my suggestion that the other guest give them a bad rating for not having full sized plates.

( I also had a lot of trouble getting waffles out of the waffle makers, because they were not oiled properly for easy removal. ) When I returned to get coffee for myself and my sister, because there were no trays provided, Yuri again got right beside me like we were twins, and was reaching over me to check the coffee decanters, instead of respectfully waiting or even saying, "Excuse me," but this would have been too courteous for someone so openly rude! When I returned to the breakfast bar at around 7:30 am, she again started banging plates that were on the breakfast bar, which were not for guests. When I complained about the poor quality of the breakfast food, the lack of plates and trays, and asked for the names of the two women arguing in the kitchen, the clerk at the front desk named Justin pretended not to know their names and rolled his eyes at me, while I complained.

He did give me the card of the general manager, whom he said would not be in until 9:00 am. I emailed the general manager a complaint about Yuri's ridiculously aggressive banging of things while she stood so close to me and the poor quality of her breakfast, but not surprisingly, I have not received any response from Ms. Nevius. I found out the rude woman's name by pointing her out to a man and a woman at the front desk who had relieved Justin.

Afterwards, as I was wheeling my luggage out the hotel, I saw the two at the front desk having a laugh with Yuri about my complaints. Outrageous rudeness from Yuri, Justin, and the two hyenas at the front desk. Nevius ignoring my complaints sanctions the bad behavior of her employees. I had booked for two nights but left after the first because of such blatant rudeness from the employees of this La Quinta!

After I returned for more luggage, this Yuri was attending to the water container just outside of the breakfast area. I could see her from outside of our room; she was glaring at me and again banging items on the table where the water container was so loudly that we could hear the banging from inside our room! After leaving and having my complaints ignored by their general manager, I called La Quinta corporate customer service and issued a complaint about Yuri, Justin, Nevius, and the two others at the front desk. I still have not received any response from Nevius, who according to corporate should be responsible for the behavior of her employees.

Danielle from corporate said that they are monitoring the situation.

I am a La Quinta Returns Gold member, who has stayed in a few LQ locations multiple times. I have even stayed at this location at least twice before; I have never felt so unwelcome and disrespected in my life! In the complaint letter that emailed Nevius, I stated that she should look at the surveillance recordings of the time frame between 6:00 am and 6:30 am, but more incidences of Yuri's angrily banging objects while being near me occurred after 6:30 am.

Nevius should look at the time frame between 6:00 am and 8:30 am, roughly when I checked out to see for herself what occurred. There should be surveillance video with audio to hear all the times that Yuri was banging objects while around me or while glaring at me. I am an Asian woman, which is probably why it was so easy for these LQ employees to disrespect me. I don't think Yuri would have had the nerve to be glaring and banging items around a Caucasian customer!

La Quinta Santa Clarita-Valencia not only lost the cost of a second night but La Quinta has lost a customer for life!

Review about: Hospitality Issue.

I didn't like: No full sized plates.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with La Quinta Inn?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion